Name of the monument: Kok Mosque
Typological affiliation: sacred object
Dating of the monument: XIX century
Location of the monument: Aktobe region, Mugalzhar district, 13.5 km north-north-east of the village of Kumsay, in the village of Or (not residential)
Historical information: in fact, this mosque was planned to be built in a different place. However, when the Tatar master passed this place, he noticed that here the sound had a long echo. In this regard, a mosque was built on this site. According to local residents, the mosque was built in 1902-1905 with donations from the Tama clan, therefore the mosque is also called “Tamanyk kok mesiti”.
It was the only mosque on the banks of the Ilek, Or, and Emba rivers. All residents of Emba, Ashisai came here to perform Friday prayer. In Soviet times, the dome of the mosque was tied to a cable and was torn off by a tractor. A year later, Belyakov and Boranbai, who participated in this case, died tragically along with their families. No one survived.
During the opening of the mosque, aksakal Kosuak from the Tama-Koki clan gave parting words for an hour and a half. The first imam of the mosque was Tobazhan, who received his religious education in Bukhara. Among the people he was called Sary Ishan. Tobazhan Ishan had a great and strong voice. When he performed the morning call to prayer – the adhan, his voice was heard in the district at a distance of 15-20 kilometers.
Description and characteristics of the monument: the mosque is a complex consisting of a mosque, madrasah, residential premises, the house of the imam and a prayer house. Located on the left bank of the river. Ori. On the territory of the monument there are fragments of buildings built in Soviet times for cattle breeding.
The mosque is a one-storey rectangular building stretched from north to south. The walls were erected of processed black stone on clay mortar, the foundation sagged. The ceiling is made of wooden beams, the roof is covered with metal.
The madrasah has openings from four doors and seven windows (one of the windows on the east side has been converted into an entrance).