Name of the monument: Zhanaman Akhun necropolis and mosque
Typological affiliation : Urban planning and architecture
Dating of the monument: Mid XIX – early XX centuries
Location of the monument: Shalkar region, 5 km south-south-west of the village of Astaushi.
Historical information : In order to improve special religious knowledge, he studied at an educational institution in the city of Khorezm, having received an ashrihat (diploma) and received the official status of an imam. Until 1920, he taught children in the land of Myrzakonyr along the Great Sand. After he was persecuted by the Soviet government and moved to Uzbekistan, he was imam in a mosque near Besqal. In 1949 Zhanaman Seitimovich returned to his native Shalkar region and took over a mosque in Shalkar from Mulda Dikhan, where until 1968 he worked as the imam of this mosque.
In 1958, Zhanaman ata took an active part in the work of the Kurultai, organized in Tashkent by the chief mufti of the Spiritual Administration of Muslims of Central Asia and Kazakhstan Babakhan. In this kurultai, by the decision of the Supreme Mufti Babakhan, the religious title “Akun” was conferred. In particular, he noted that at present there is an increase in the number of religious movements in Kazakhstan, including in Kazakhstan. Zhanaman Akun is fluent in Arabic, Russian and Kazakh, and is very prestigious in the religious sphere. He was one of the famous personalities among the leaders of Kazakhstan and Central Asia. He was a respected, very authoritative, wise, polite, sympathetic person. Zhanaman Akun never passed away in 1968 at the age of 84.
On May 26, 1997, the mosque in the city of Shalkar was named after Zhanaman Akun Seytimuly. In 2004, in the footsteps of the ancient mosque in Myrzakonar, a new mosque was built with a tower 7 x 18 meters high.
The word of the immortal testament, uttered in his time to the souls of Ahun Seitimuly, is written on the tomb of Ahun: “O people, turn around and pray. We were like you, and you will be like us. “
Description and characteristics of the monument : The necropolis is located at the junction of the steppe border with sand dunes (in the west, 10 km from the village of Aishuak (Begimbet)). The necropolis consists of both old and new burials. The old part of it is represented by stone fences made of torn stone-flagstone of brown ferruginous sandstone, some of which unite more than five burials, i.e. like a corgan. New burials made of modern building materials are very close to each other. From the southeastern corner of the cemetery, according to informants, there was an old place of a mosque-madrassah, where a new mosque is now erected. A special feature of the necropolis is the installation of mirrors on many reinforced concrete kulpytas at the level of the top of the western edge. South 100 m from the mosque there are Orthodox burials, consisting of iron fences, inside which are installed pyramids of sheet iron, ending with a five-pointed star (the following names are indicated: Bashlaev Vladimir Mikhailovich 1952-1973; Shkurat Maria Semenovna 1903-1989; Smaga …; Smaga Stepan Vasilievich 1927-1977 ; Proskurina V.F. 1952-1986). There is a well in the southeast, 50 m from the mosque.
The total size of the area of the mosque and cemeteries: 500 x 300 m.